Friday, September 30, 2016

Channel Zero Teaser | 00:11 | No Dialogue

Attention:
I've been having trouble getting this embedded Facebook video to load on some of the browsers I use. Strangely, I've only been able to get embedded Facebook videos to work on Apple's Safari browser. If the video doesn't load for you, please visit https://www.facebook.com/ChannelZeroSyfy/videos/569835036537382/ to watch this video.



Synopsis
We get a close up view of a strange creature made entirely from teeth.

My Thoughts
The tooth monster from Channel Zero is one of those characters that I would never want to meet in real life, but I can't tear my eyes away from it when I see it. The more I see the entity, the more I want to know about it. The simplicity of the tooth monster gives it a bit of spookiness. I did start thinking of ways someone could fight an entity like this. After a while, I thought, "If I fight this guy with a candy sword, could I beat it? Would sugar be its weakness since it's made from thousands of teeth?"

This teaser really doesn't give us any extra information about the show or the strange creature it features. The tooth monster is (obviously) connected to Channel Zero's version of Candle Cove. I did start wondering if it's Syfy's interpretation of the Skin-Taker from the original creepypasta. The Skin-Taker was the main villain of the show. He was a skeleton who wore clothing made from the skin of children. His jaw would slide instead of opening like a human's mouth. The Skin-Taker had a sidekick named Horace Horrible.

If you would like to read the original Candle Cove, you can find it at Kris Straub's website, Chainsaw Suit.

Channel Zero will premiere on Syfy on October 11, 2016, at 9 / 8 c (in the United States).

For more information about Channel Zero, check out:
Official Website
Facebook
Twitter

For more information about Syfy, check out:
Syfy Official Website
Facebook
Instagram
Tumblr
Twitter
YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phobophiliacs promotes constructive communication and debate. However, Phobophiliacs reserves the right to remove any comment that is a personal attack, promotional, generally rude, contains personal information, or doesn't contribute to the topic of the post. No anonymous comments allowed. All comments go through a moderation process. Thank you for following the rules!