Sunday, June 19, 2016

under my skin | 00:15 | No Dialogue

"under my skin" from my Instagram shorts from Ali Azhari on Vimeo.



Synopsis
A young man notices something strange on his cheek while he shaves.

My Thoughts
under my skin is grainy and presented in black and white. This aids in making the video creepy. When the young man pulls at his cheek, I jumped a little when the eye (?) appears. I think it would've made more sense if he cut himself a little with the razor before the thing appeared. It seemed to appear out of nowhere.

The video is only fifteen seconds long, but I wanted to be longer. I want to see what happens next. Perhaps he's possessed and he's growing extra body parts. I was kind of waiting for the Chestbuster from Alien to appear.

To watch more of Ali Azhari's videos, check out:
Ali Azhari Vimeo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Phobophiliacs promotes constructive communication and debate. However, Phobophiliacs reserves the right to remove any comment that is a personal attack, promotional, generally rude, contains personal information, or doesn't contribute to the topic of the post. No anonymous comments allowed. All comments go through a moderation process. Thank you for following the rules!